Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my Uncle's baby back in September 04. The weather was warm and it started every time I turned the key.

Ever since the weather turned cold in Central Ohio it cranks for a very long time and after a lot of sputtering, it finally kicks over. Once it's running it goes pretty good.

I read in the Chilton manual about a "Cold Start Valve" but the manual does not show where it's located.

My first Q, could this be the culprit and if so, where the heck is it located?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Most likely it's in your intake manifold after your throttle body. I'm guessing that your car uses a either a k-jetronic or k-lambda system which used an electronic fuel injector for cold start ups. It was basically controlled by a thermistor that gave the injector voltage for about 8-10 seconds at which point it warmed enough to cut voltage to the injector. With your description it sounds like that circuit is what is causing your cold start issue. If you do just decide to replace parts rather than have it tested there should only be two main components and the wires that connect them, the injector and the thermistor. Hope this helps.

-Courtney

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cold Start Problem Fixed

I finally broke down and took the car in to a mechanic that came highly recommended by the local MB Dealer here in Columbus.

All she needed was a new set of points and now she screams.

:mrgreen:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts