Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I've finally decided to restore my 1976 300D, I'm looking for a serivce manual at the moment. My current problem is trying to figure out how to replace the turn signal lever assembly. My turn signals have stopped working and I would like to fix it myself. Does anyone know how to remove the assembly and where to find old benz parts? Thanks

BTW: Where can I get a new hood ornament? (someone broke mine off :x )

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hello Benz76cal:

Welcome! Lets start with parts. The two you mention are available from a MB dealer. I am not aware of any after market suppliers manufacturing turn signal assemblies, but I suppose that is possible. Some aftermarket suppliers sell the hood ornaments, but I believe they have to get them from a dealer first.

Regarding manuals, have you contacted MB? Their manuals are, by far, the best. I have a set of the W123 printed manuals, but that does not really help you. Here's a webpage that will help:

http://business.baylor.edu/Richard_Easley//autofaqs/manuals.htm

Sincerely,
Scott

·
Registered
453 Posts
Welcome Benz76cal to BenzForum :D

I think you will find a lot of support and encouragement from other members of BenzForum with your restoration project.

In addition to the sponsorship of this forum, we offer quality OE and OEM parts for all imports, especially Mercedes-Benz through www.importpartsonline.com. I know we can get you a new OE hood ornament for your '76 300D at a savings over the dealer. We may also be able to supply the turn signal lever assembly, I just need to do a little more research. Let us know if you need any other parts. Again welcome to the BenzForum community.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Parts available

Good news! We can supply both the hood ornament and the combination turn signal switch for your '76 300D. We do need the last seven (7) digits of the VIN number to quote the correct parts. You can drop us an email with the VIN number info at [email protected] and we will give you a price quote. Thanks,

·
Registered
191 Posts
Lucky Dogg:

I would recommend a new grill from someone like our forum sponsor if they carry them. As for a bonnet (hood), are you interested in a new one or recycled (used)? They may be able to help you there too.

-Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts