Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a thing for older cars, I can't get enough of them. My previous car which also happens to be an 87 got rearended by a truck so now I need to purchase a new one. There is a 1987 560 SEL parked on my block for sale, 2500 obo. I searched around on the internet and found this forum, I've viewed some posts but I don't know if I know enough to conclude if it's a good car. I love the look of it, the inside looks very nice and clean, and as far as I can tell there is minimal to no body damage. I have not driven the car itself but it looks very nice. I don't know much about cars frankly, I've kept my Volvo in tip top condition but what's under the hood I've got no idea. Sorry if this is a dumb question, I just want to make sure it's a reliable car before I spend money.

A/C, stereo etc. is not much of a problem for me, I focus on ride quality, reliability and style. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sounds very low ball as you describe it, suspicously low...check it out first.

It's a V8 guzzler, depending on where you live, you may or may not find a good mechanic to work on it. It's no DIESEL, that's for sure. Very nice car, I hope to get one myself someday. I believe that the earlier SELs did not have the heated seats. I think that '89 is when the heated seats went in, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
The old 560's are pretty good cars, but this one is nearly 20 years old and will have problems as such. They are reliable cars, but only for so long; a machin is still a machine. The price does seem very low. I would make sure a qualified Mercedes-Benz technician does a thorough inspection before you make a decision. That 560 could get very expensive to own very fast. On the other hand, you could get years of use with very little headache. Get it checked out and let us know what the tech finds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts