Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

Just joined the forum. I just came across a 1988 300SE for sale for a price I wasn't expecting, more in the range of the newer Honda's and Volkswagen's I thought I would end up buying at my fairly low price-range.

I have to admit though, the idea of a nice Benz is pretty enticing. Thing is, I don't really know much about them, well, anything really.

Any suggestions about being a Benz owner? About this specific model?

I know this is a pretty vague question, but honestly, anything would help me out....

thanks in advance,

Cameron

·
Registered
1 Posts
cbooth7575 said:
Hi everybody,

Just joined the forum. I just came across a 1988 300SE for sale for a price I wasn't expecting, more in the range of the newer Honda's and Volkswagen's I thought I would end up buying at my fairly low price-range.

I have to admit though, the idea of a nice Benz is pretty enticing. Thing is, I don't really know much about them, well, anything really.

Any suggestions about being a Benz owner? About this specific model?

I know this is a pretty vague question, but honestly, anything would help me out....

thanks in advance,

Cameron
Look for rust under the doors and in/around the boot..

Panels that don't align well usually indicate accident damage.

Generally, if it appears to have been looked after, has been serviced regularly, drives well, and the mileage is not ridiculous then it will give years of service..

Have it checked out by a good Benz Mechanic - then buy it :)

Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
buying a 300se 1988

I used to own a 300se 1988 in the uk,the points to look for are, check the donut on the prop shaft as i had to change this on mine and it was not cheap, also check the aircon and auto transmission. When i purchased this car it was a lovely looking car but later on i had to spend quite alot of money on putting alot of things right, get it checked out by a mercedes dealer, hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts