Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1989 300E, smoke silver with tan MB Tex interior. This has been my mother's car since 1992 and 31K miles. It originally came from Kentucky, and has spent it's life in Western NC since. The car runs really well, uses 1.5-2 quarts between oil changes, and has a transmission seal leak somewhere. The paint is beginning to fade on the roof and corners of the hood.

A few other things about the car:
- low beam position in the stalk doesn't work, high beams (aimed lower) only.
- HVAC controls shot, can only control compressor (still blows very cold, no leaks), temp, and fan speed (not direction, and you can't turn it completely off).
- couple of holes in rear tailpipe section, we can have these patched at our expense prior to sale if buyer desires.
- interior wood is cracking, showing it's age.
- cruise control is erratic
- bulb in oem radio is out, otherwise the system is fine.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things, but those are the most glaring issues a perspective buyer will see. I wanted to be honest.
Always serviced at our delaer w/ Benz parts, oil/filter change every 3K, tires and brakes in great shape, very well maintained overall. I recently made a trip to Charlotte and Chapel Hill and back in it, with zero issues. Email me for more details and pictures, and make an offer!

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts