Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am the proud owner of a 1990 300D (124.128) with over 175,000 miles. i have owned the car for the majority of those miles. i have never, ever had a problem until now. at no matter what engine temperature when ever i press the accelerator to the floor the turbo boost does not kick in until 4,000 rpm. how ever at 1/2 - 3/4 throttle the boost kicks in at the normal 2500 rpm. i have checked all vacuum and pressure lines and they are neither cracked nor clogged. all suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hmmm, i would guess, just a guess now so dont hang me for it. Maybe its the kickdown, when you floor the car you activate a switch on the floor under the accelerator, it is supposed to find the lowest possible gear to give you that sudden "burst" of power. It could be that it is not functioning correctly which for a car of your age is possible. My second guess would be the tranny, perhaps its not switching gears correctly and giving you the feeling that the turbo is not kicking in. Just remember that a merecedes becomes a totally different car between 1/2 and full throttle. The diesels as much i would love to believe are performance cars they are just not and it seems that they set up the car for economy so keep that in mind when flooring it. I am not an expert of any sort so make sure you have an expert check out your car and dont take any of my advice =)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts