Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owned car for just over 1 year, 130k miles, dealer maintained since new, little old lady school teacher previous owner. Car is still showroom and has been mechanically flawless until yesterday.

Driving normally then with no warning from a stop light car revs like it is in neutral, barley moves foward. Accelerating really slowly it got the 4 blocks home. Seemed to be ok once in 3rd and 4th gear but I drove very gingerly, not going to chance it. Checked Fluid level ,it is right on, color seems a little darker than I remember it.

Drove it up the street today and it slips in the foward gears but not in reverse. Exhibits no unusual noises, shiftpoint changes or harshness.

Any Ideas, please advise?

·
Registered
24 Posts
its possible that b2 piston t seal has a problem if it slips in first gear badly its also possibel that there are other problems internally in the trans. lb3 is your reverse and not related to b2 or k2 which are more than likley your problem. mercedes has a really good trans exchange you can get a rebuilt trans from the factory for 2200. plus install there are so many mod inside these old trans assemblys its not worth it to rebuild them. plus you get a 2 year unlimited millage warrenty

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you

thank you for your help, thought no one would reply. I am having a rebuilt transmission installed by Peter Schmid in Burlingame California. He is very close to me and specializes is MBZ and BMW transmissions. He does them in-house and offer a 2 year warranty. $2600 installed, seemed fair to me since we love the car.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have heard Schmid is good on these tranny's. Price seems reasonable. Most important thing to remember is to change the transmission filter and fluid as directed by Mercedes. This includes changing the fluid in the Torque Converter. This is one of the maintenance items that unfortunately, tends to be overlooked.

Ken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts