Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?:

Just bought my 93 190e had no problems at all until today.
The car wouldn't start, and kept blowing out white smoke from the intake after each time I tried to start it. After about 20 minutes the car finally started but it would often bog down and stall when I gave it gas. If any one knows what the problem may be any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
first thing you need to check is the fuel pressure, sounds like youre losing fuel pressure either faulty relay or your fuel pump has seen better days. if the fuel pressure and flow rate are up to spec you will need to have the fuel divider and injectors tested. have a good listen to the fuel pump while engine is idling (fuel pump is located at underneath rear near diff) should be a constant buzz. good luck :wink:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nothing wrong today

8)

Well today I went out and started the car and everything was fine. Yesterday was the first time I had driven it in the rain. I'm thinking something must have gotten wet, ditributer cap or something. Anyone else experience anything like this......

·
Registered
21 Posts
It is very likely that your fuel pump relay and/or fuel pump are on their way to failure. Also you should make sure that your O2 sensor connection is good.

Merry Christmas
Doc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts