Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Note: before I took my car in for service my car drove smooth, power was great, no visible signs of exhaust smoke, very quiet.
This past Saturday I had my car serviced for the first time. Also, I had the radiator replaced. The oil was drained, plugs replaced and various other parts were replaced. After the mechanic added new oil and started the car. My 400E was pushing out an endless amount of exhaust smoke. At first the mechanic suggested it was just oil burning off or coolant burning off from under the hood. Now the car is running for about 10 minutes, and the smoke continues. Picture clouds of smoke. I drive the car around the block and I notice how sluggish and lazy my car feels, there's alot of hesitation, its look the car is trembling, also the most visible difference the amount of smoke coming out of the exhaust. I take it back to my mechanic, and he is dumbfounded. Now I'm thinking this guy is trying to sabotage my car. This guy only fixes Mercedes and BMW. After an hour of talking he comes to the conclusion that the oil in the car previously was masking the smoke. The mechanic suggested the previous owner used a thick grade oil to mask this problem. The mechanic thinks the head gasket and valve seals are worn. I welcome any input I can get. It doesn't make any sense to me. :cry:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Smoke

Dude, you need a new mechanic and right away! This could be any number of electronic things, such as fuel management, likely the guy put the spark plug cables back on in the wrong spots.

TOW it to a dealer and start with the cables first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts