Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 S500 with 160K miles on it. Today I noticed the oil pressure gauge needle jumping around. I have plenty of pressure when moving, but when I lift my foot off the accelerator to slow at a light, the needle goes towards zero and at around 10 miles an hour the light comes on and then dives to zero at stand still and the light goes off, it stays at zero until I move again. Car seems to run great.
Any Ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, there is a ticking, but I am not sure if it's all of the time. I thought it was a noisy lifter or something, like in the old days. Why do you ask?

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks,
I may try it when I get time, but it doesn't sound too harmful to let it go awhile, just annoying. My ticking isn't that loud yet.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
The whole time it's happening, you are not getting adequate lubrication to the upper parts of your valvetrain. This is currently causing excessive wear on the cams, lifters, etc. I wouldn't be inclined to let something like that go too long. This is internal engine wear which will drastically shorten the lifespan of your engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts