Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help, I am looking at a 1994 Sl600 advertised as a renntech and know nothing about M-B's or renntech. I am having trouble finding information on what renntech did to the sl600, what questions I should ask, what I should look for in the car, common problems, etc.

Any comments, opinions or information on renntech sl600 is greatly appreciated. Also does renntech add anything to the value for a 1994? what is a good price for a sl600 with 83k. I asked around to a few high end dealers and they said that they view renntech as after market and would allow very little for the options....

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Renntech is an aftermarket tuner, albeit a pretty good one. Calling the vehicle a "Renntech 600SL" could mean many things to many different people. Some might just buy a Renntech air intake system and think it now deserves loftier nomenclature. Regardless, I would talk with the seller and get a detailed list of what modifications were performed to earn it such a specification. Also, Renntech or not, you will need to be very comfotably well off to maintain a V12 MB from that year with that mileage. Expect upwards of 10K/year to keep it running right. As with any used car purchase, a thorought pre purchase inspection by an authorized MB facility is of paramount importance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts