Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all:
New here so bear with me, my first diesel own a 1995 E300D mint condition, bought it 2 year ago with 38,000 orginal miles from an old lady -- a steal..

Anyway, I knew that I didnt want to change my first fuel filter out of fear that i would get air in the line, so off i go to my local gas mechanic with filter in hand....

15 min later im told that he got air in the lines and has too bleed the air out at the injetors -- not my fault -- but this monkey now has to take my engine half apart to bleed the system, not a good day ----

Can anyone tell me how to do what looked like a relatively simple job myself, seems to me that it should be a simple process of unscrewing the filter ( infront) filling the replacement to top with diesel fuel to eliminate air and rescrewing it back in -- what am i ( and the idot at the shop) missing

Tom

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds like you had it all ok to me as i did the very same with my c250d and it was fine, id assume the engine was capable of self bleeding and you wouldnt need to crack an injector to get the air out [crack as in undo slightly],maybe im wrong 300d owners?

·
Registered
2 Posts
That car is self bleeding. Just crank the car with the gas all the way to the floor for about a minute. It should get all the air out and fire right up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts