Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I would greatly appreciated if someone could confirm this information from all the MB owners.

I currently own an 1998 E320 in Taiwan, last week when the car was at the dealer for a regular service. I was told that I should replace all the wiring on the vehicle cause MB uses environmentally friendly components and it is a good idea to replace it after 5 years. Is this true? It seems to me that it's a lot of work and time involved in this and I would like to make sure before I act on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards,

shchein

·
Registered
453 Posts
Environmentally Friendly?

I have never heard of such a thing. Environmentally friendly is one thing but replacing all the wiring in a 5-year old car is a bit much. I would recommend that you contact Mercedes-Benz directly. It is possible that the wiring for your vehicle is subject to some recall or service bulletin. If that is the case perhaps some or all of the cost would be covered by MBZ. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you

ajcrowe,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I was shocked by the dealer's comment as well. I will dig depper into this just to confirm. I already contacted MB USA and hope they can help me out. Thanks again.

shchein

ps,
any suggestions from all the E owners? = )

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wireing Harness

I just change the plugs and ignition wires on my 1997 E320 with 142,000 on it and I for the wireinging harness to be brittle.

I was thinking of changeing it out before I had a problem but I have no idea what the cost for part will be or how involved the labor will be.

You could have an issue there . Please update how you make out and what the estimated cost is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts