Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mercedes Colleagues,

I just purchased a 1999 ML430 to keep my '88 560SL company in the garage during the winter. The ML430 has the pedestal mounted Siemens nav option, but the cds didn't come with the vehicle. Do any of you have a working set you'd be willing to part with, or know of a source? I live near Syracuse, NY, and that area would be my immediate need, but I do a lot of traveling as a musician and would eventually, if not immediately, like the full set. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been searching Ebay and and the web for hours, but virtually everything I've found applies to the Alpine-sourced MCS systems. I believe there are 1998.1, 1999.1, and 2001.1 versions for the Siemens system created by NavTeq.. is that correct?

Any help would be MOST appreciated. I take delivery of the vehicle on Saturday, and will hit the road almost immediately. Feel free to respond via the forum, or direct email to [email protected] . Thank you!

Barry

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Unfortunately the dealer seems to be the only source for these discs. Ebay might be of some vlue, but you have to dedicate a pretty good chunk of tiume to that.

Off topic, what do you play (I'm a part-time wannabe rock star myself)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I checked w/ the dealer today re/ the nav CDs for a 1999 ML430. No dice. The parts guy threw his hands up in disgust w/ Mercedes' changing the systems three times in the past six years, and said they no longer support the system I have. Sooo.. I'm back to square one. ANYONE have the CDs for a 1999 pedestal mounted Siemens system?!?!? PLEASE?!?!?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I would check with MB's customer service reps. They'll be able to give you a for certain answer as to any factory assistance. Call 1-800-4MERCEDE(S) and speak with them. Other than that it's ebay or the classified section on this or some of the other MB forums.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts