Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANY KNOWN PROBLIMS WITH THIS MODEL I HAVE 70,000 MI ON IT AND SRS WARNING LIGHT STAYS ON IS THAT A MAJOR CONCERN AND HOW MUCH WILL IT COST ME.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Well, most of the common failures on these vehicles have been pretty well covered in this area of the forum. I'd recommend looking over some of the previous posts.

As for your SRS light, there is something amiss with your airbag system, You need to have you codes read at the dealer so you know what needs to be fixed. It could be something as simple as a loose connection, or you could need a seat occupied sensor for the passenger seat (common SRS failure). Does the SRS light come on and stay on for the duration of your drive or only for a minute or two?

As a note, if the light does come on and stay on, that means the passive safety features of your vehicle may not be active in the event of an accident, or may operate inncorrectly, which is quite dangerous. The safety systems on your vehicle should not be taken lightly. I would recommend having this checked out as soon as possible. It is likely it is not a big deal, but who wants to take chances?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts