Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Questions: Last year my AC was refresh with freon. After a summer, it is not blowing cold air. Where should I begin trouble shooting?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think you can buy kits to find leaks yourself, or any air con shop will find a leak.

Basically, the car is recharged with a flourescent dye through the gas. An ultra violet light is then used to find the leak. Once fixed the car is recharged and should be fine.

I'm sure someone can give you a better explanation with all the corrrect technical terms etc, but that is the basic procedure if the gas has leaked out over the period of a year.

Russ

·
Registered
678 Posts
If you system got recharged before, your system was probably already injected with dye. Dye is included in most A/C oil. Even the factory oil has some dye in it. With a good enough UV light, the dye should show up easily. I've recently have done two A/C repairs on 208 CLK's. Both of them had the suction line off of the expansion valve leaking, and small leaks around the compressor (One was the compressor itself, one was the suction line fitting to the compressor).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts