Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a vey new owner of a used ML320. The vehicle came with the telephone options installed but I was told today by the service department that it is old technology. Basically he said it originally worked with a Motorola VX60, which is an analog phone and since most if not all service providers have upgraded to digital that I would have to replace the old system with the new $1800 system and purchase a phone from them.

Does anyone have information on this. I guess I am just looking for a second opinion since I am so new to this vehicle.

Thanks if so. :lol:

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Your service representative is 100% on the money. If you truely have an analog phone, no one is really able to provide service, and the few that might would be so expensive it would not be worth it at all. You would need a total upgrade, although $1800.00 installed is significantly less money than I charge at my shop.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2000 ML320 Phone Option

I am sorry, the phone is not in the car, only the cable attachments that the phone would attach too. I am just wondering if there is a newer model phone that attaches to the cradle and cable. The phone was not sold with the used model, I assume the owner took that part with them. So basically I have all pieces except the actual "phone".

I understand analog is way outdated, I guess I am just wondering if there is a digital phone upgrade that works with the old phone system.

I may just be out of luck.

Thanks for the reply :lol:

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
If you have analog hook ups in the car, the whole thing needs to replaced in order for a digital phone to work. The computer modules that govern their function in the vehicle speak two entirely differant language.

As you don't have the original phone, you sort of have to trust the dealer. You could always ask the service consultant to try a V60 (the digital MB phone) with your system to see if it works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts