Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!!!

I am new to this forum and I hope someone knows how to dismantle the speaker covers in the front side of the doors? So I can replace the speakers. thanks

Another thing, has anyone successfully use the existing optical cables for Ipod integrations?

thanks

·
Registered
678 Posts
For your door speakers, you'll have to remove the entire inner door panel to access the speaker. On your vehicle, you'd have to remove the little mirror triangle panel, the inner (relative to the car, not the doorpanel) half of the inner door handle and the SRS badge to access the mounting screws and undo those (2 behind the handle, 1 behind the SRS badge). And remove the door latch cover by removing the one screw. Then remove the courtesy lamp at the bottom of the door with a small screwdriver. I can't remember if you have to remove the lock knob or not. If it has a crowned head, then just unscrew it off. If it doesn't don't worry about it until your putting the panel back on. After that, all that's really holding the door panel on is are the clips. find some means to simply pop the door off all it's clips. Once you do, unhook the cable and you should now have access to the speakers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts