Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used 2002 C230 Coupe and have two questions for the all-knowing readers here:

1. Once I bought the car I discovered (!) it has headlight washers. I am assuming this came with a headlight package of some sort. Exactly what did I get?

2. Is the sun roof supposed to close for "tunnel mode" or is that a feature only on the 2003 model?

Thanks for your help!

ROB

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
From your post I assume you have purchased a 2002. Since you have the heated headlight washers, you have a car with the C4 package. C4 had the washers and heated seats in 2002, and early 2003. C4 now has the headlight washers and bi-xenon headlights.

For some reason tunnel mode works on the 2003's but the roof closure portion is no enabled on 2002's. Your dealer can enable this with the DAS computer.

Here are the instructions for the DAS computer that they have at the dealer:

Go to Control Units --> Body --> Overhead Control Panel(OCP) --> Control Unit Adaptations --> Read coding & change if necessary --> Modular Roof

On the modular roof screen, set "Automatic closing function" to "Active" and that should do it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Few questions...

I purchased a 2002 about 1.5 weeks ago and had a question... is the panoramic roof supposed to be one-touch open AND close? Mine is only one-touch open. I was not sure. I searched through the strings here and could not find anything on that, so I thought I would ask. Thanks for any advice/help. I am new to this group and am excited as I am also a new MB owner and LOVE my coupe!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts