Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to remove the door panel or just the speaker grilles on the C230 Coupe to access the 6.5 and 5.5 door speakers? I would like to measure the speaker depth helping me decide what type of replacement speakers i can purchase.

Has anyone replaced the stock speakers while retaining the base stereo? If so, what brand/style speakers did you use and does it sound good. These base speakers are very dissapointing!

·
Registered
7 Posts
speakers

i agree these speakers suck the rear ones particularly sound like theyre at the bottom of buckets. please guys if anyone's replaced these things or upgraded with any sucess at all let us know!

·
Registered
32 Posts
i replaced all four door speakers with alpine SPS-170A 6-1/2" models. also added an alpine subwoofer in the trunk. the difference was definately noticeable and worth the investment.

but be careful when removing the grill and speakers. i cracked a plastic support for one of the covers and had to get it replaced. and pulling the speakers out was a pain.

if you go that far, you might as well replace your stereo, too. you'll need a new case for you dashboard.

·
Registered
10 Posts
azngigolo

Thanks for the info on the size, so the rear can actually fit a 6.5 without problem? BTW, could you please elaborate a bit as to the best way to remove the "grills"? I tried feeling around the pieces but don't intend to snap off anything if I could help it.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts