Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know tons of people have been curious about upgrading the 4 door speakers and 2 tweeters in the C230 Kompressor. I finally went and had it professionally done and the sound is ten times better. I was not looking for a ton of sound so I skipped the sub and I still have the orginal headunit too but the difference in sound is awesome. I was able to replace all 4 door speakes with 6 1/2" speakers and 1" tweeters. I bought all Kenwood Excelon series speakers. I purchased a componet system for the two front 6 1/2 and 1" tweeters with a crossover and seperate 6 1/2 for the two rear. I asked the person who did the install and he said it was not to hard and took about 3 hours and he needed a tool to pop off the clips on the bottom of the door and then uncsrew a couple of screws to get the door panel off. He then had to cut the wire and resplice it to fit my new speakers but he said that was pretty easy. I would still recommend getting a professional install sicne they warrnty it for life and we all know how bitchy Mercedes is with there warrnty. The whole thing cost me with installation $540 and it was so worth it. If any question I will be happy to help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
about my Audio

I have a 2002 c230 kompressor coupe and well.... thats not bad he just charged you ALotttt of money for that install. I live in Northern Jersey and I allready got a estimate just for the WORK to install in my car. I am putting in a pair of 6.5 Infiniti refence for the back part of the door, for the front also 6.5 infiniti reference but with components which come with a 1" tweeter for our doors. After that I have a Pioneer indash T.v 7" motorized. then inside my globe box im taking out the cd changer and putting in a Playstation 2 the slim one and a dvd player very small next to it. Then on the back of the headrest im putting 2 7" lcd screens im not cutting anything its being put right on top of the hard plastic covers. ALso I will let you know that our sterring wheel controls wont work but for that I have this device from pioneer thats a remote control for the sterring wheel it works with my Brain for the poioneer screen. Now going to the truck of the car is going to be a customized orion blue mettalic fiberglass custom job with 1 AWIS15P subwoofer all chromed out from Audiobahn its a 15" that is beautiful to look at and pumps like 2000watts. Then to power it is the 2400 watt amp that is also huge and chrome and lights up in blue. Then i have a 4ch 800watt amp to power the inside speakers on the doors. I also have 2 1.0 farad these are like extra batteries to power each amp so my car doesnt get all the power from the cars battery. Then Im also putting special L.e.d lights in blue in the truck hidden to add the beautiful look to the chrome. And lastly I have one last pair of 6.5 Infinti reference speakers that are going on the back part of the trunk, custom fitted on the fiberglass near the subwoofer. Needless to say im REWIRING the whole car the reason for this is because i dont want to mess with the cars audio controls and wires so when i sale the car i can take all this out and connect the stock speakers and radio and there u go its back to stop without any problems. I am also making the fiberglass box since i been reading and practicing alot with fiberglass. THe job to install all that on my car is going to cost $1,000.00 The parts , tvs, amps cost me aloootttt more money but i bought them one at a time. Any questions let me know. once everything is in ill take pics and show u guys how it came out.--Dj FrenZ-e

1 - 3 of 3 Posts