Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i own a 2002 S430, in the U.S. i want to get tons more horsepower out of it, i want to buy twin turbos, or one turbo, how would i put it on the benz tho, what im saying is, is it even possilbe to add a turbo? i also want to add a performance exhaust and intake.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
It will cost more to add forced induction to your vehicle than it would to trade it in on an AMG model that is actually fast from the factory and woud be reliable as well. There is also no intake in the world that is more efficient than the factory setup. Pop the hood and look at it; you've got two pipes shooting straight ahead to get cool air from the grill area. What could possibley be done to improve on that? There are a couple exhaust kits available, but all they really do is make the car louder (very un-S Class). Again, your factory exhaust is very efficient.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
It's possible, but it will be very expensive and the engine is not designed to have forced introduced introduced into the mix. You will have issue with the relatively weak connecting rods in the m113 engine. Additionally, the compression level achieved by the motor is a little high to ensure you won't have pre-ignition damage. You would have to run a very rich mixture, causing much worse fuel economy than a factory forced induction motor. Additionally, leaning out the mixture is how big power gains are had. you would likely drop huge sum of money to have a car with S500 performance numbers and a ticking time bomb for a motor. Not recommended at all. With German cars it is almost always a better option to just trade it in on a faster model.

·
Registered
24 Posts
TURBOING A 113 MOTOR BAD IDEA THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TO TURBOING A CAR THAN YOU NO FIRST YOU NEED TO START WITH THE CRANK I HAVE SEEN MANY 113 CRANKS WOULD NOT HOLD UP 15 POUNDS OF BOOST. THEN MB RODS ARE SMALL NOT DESIGNED FOR HEAVY BOOST OUR PISTONS ARE HIGHER COMPRESSION FOR A TURBO YOU LOWER YOUR COMPRESSION AND PUSH MORE AIR INTO THE CYLINDERS. THIS ALSO CREATES MORE HEAT SO NOW YTOU NEED TO RELOCATE YOU PISTION RINGS A LITLE LOWER ON THE PISTON TO AVOID THIS HEAT. THEN YOU WILL NEED TO BUY A NEW ME CONTROL UNIT FROM BRABUS OR SOME OTHER AFTERMARKET COMPANY THIS WOULD COST YOU MORE THAN JUST GOING OUT AND BUYING A CL600
OR AN S600 TWIN TURBO. SO STEP UP AND CRACK OPEN THAT WALLET OF YOURS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts