Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could not find the oil filter, and could not find a definitive post on this site. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks much

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found it.

Ok, I guess there's a lot more info on what kind of spoiler you can buy for your car than any useful info sharing.

Oil filter is in black plastic canister near top of engine between engine and driver's side firewall. You can use a universal joint extension and a short 20 something mmm socket. The canister is plastic, so doesn't take much torque.

Also, the part # listed for '03 c230 compressor oil filter in benzbin.com, rustys, etc. is wrong. It says it takes the same filter as previous years, however the filter I recieved in the mail is most definetely too large diameter.

It took exactly 5.8 liters to fill.
The dealer wanted $150 for a 5k mile oil change. ha ha ha

·
Registered
9 Posts
when you say belly pan, are you refering to the oil pan, or the underside of the body pan designed for aero and protection. If it is the underskin pan this is just like my ML430. I am a big advocate of using the drain plug making sure to get it completly drained. Thanks for the info though.

Scott

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
By belly pan, I mean the plastic panel beneath the engine. Remove it to get access to the oil pan and drain plug. Due to the design of the 2.3 liter engine's oil pan, the Topsider will drain the oil more completely than the plug. I don't know if that is true for the 1.8 or the V6.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You need a special tool to remove the oil filter. I have posted the tool's size a few weeks ago on this web site. Lisle makes the tool.

·
Registered
9 Posts
mmmm yep looked up the tool $6.95 online price. I am thinking the old Bob Villa (sears) "strap wrench" but have not looked at the access yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts