Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 C230 komp= 189hp MSRP: $ 25,670
2003 c320 = 215hp MSRP: $~27,000

what do you guys think? is there a need for mercedes to have two cars with different engine sizes for such a minimal price difference? if i hadn't baught my c coupe in 2002 i woud have had baught the c320. its only like 2 thousand dollars more expensive. yes to many people 2 thousand dollars is a lot but for a mercedes owner thats like the price of the panorama roof!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LA AUTO SHOW

unfortunatly its not up on the website yet but i saw them all at the auto show and these cars should be coming out sometime this year i think. theres gonna be a c230 sedan, a c320 sports sedan, and a c320 sports coupe.

·
Registered
258 Posts
You are right, I just seen a picture (see attached) of the C320 Coupe - it looks exaclty the same as C230 Coupe, but has 215 HP. To me - it doesn't worth it... looks the same, features are also the same, the only difference is about +20HP.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm waiting for the AMG C32 Sport Coupe! (354HP) That should be just
about the most quickest MB yet, with the best hp/weight ratio.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Lynn

Any idea whether there is now a plan for there to be a c coupe for the "regular" AMG line up, or is it going to be a "special" that AMG will knock up on request? I also heard that there was going to be a diesel AMG c coupe. Is this the one you guys are talking about or another one, or is it just rubbish?!!

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
GUY said:
Lynn

Any idea whether there is now a plan for there to be a c coupe for the "regular" AMG line up, or is it going to be a "special" that AMG will knock up on request? I also heard that there was going to be a diesel AMG c coupe. Is this the one you guys are talking about or another one, or is it just rubbish?!!
It appears that the C32 AMG SportsCoupe will stay a special order car. The C30 AMG Diesel is an AMG production car. But that does those of us in North America no good. Our Diesel fuel has a very high sulfur content which destroys the emissions controls on the CDI Diesels, so they can't be sold here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah the diesels are no good here in the US. te AMG is only a special oder but there will be a c320 sports coupe.
http://www.laautoshow.com/debut.asp#
now the 0-60 times on the c320 are false because the c320 will only have 215hp so 5.2 seconds is a little too quick.
this vehicle will go into production in the US and i saw it first hand at the LA auto show next to the clk55amg and the c230 sports sedan.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I heard this morning on the radio that Mercedes will introduce in 2004 a Diesel Engine. I am not sure for which model though...

·
Banned
175 Posts
C30 CDI AMG (turbodiesel Coupe, our Coupe with a diesel) not for the USA sale. Sells for $45,000; 3.0 liter; 231hp 399-lb-ft; five cylinder. 0-60 6.7 seconds. average 28.3 mpg. Not bad, but a lot of money.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yep - I heard it again. They were talking about a E-Class Wagon coming in late 2003/Beginning 2004 with a Diesel Engine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I heard it on the radio and there is a lot of talk in the other forums. Also talking to your dealer can sometimes reveal some info's...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts