Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am fairly new to "tuning" but have done a lot of "research" on what is available for my car. I own a Belgium purchased E200K, with the 1.8 engine.

Unfortunately I had to get this in this trim if I was gonna get an E-Class, but it has the goodies, 17" Double Spokes, Avantgarde and Sunroof.

I am very interested in building up the engine so it can drive like my wanted E320. Unfortunately, when I accelerate hard, I feel that the car is being pulled instead of pushed. I am considering a Pulley Kit, MaxAir and an Exhaust. Anybody have any performance figures just to see what ballpark to be in?

Any help will be appreciated.

thanks,

Paul Martinez

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Parts availability is not really an important issue, I have consolidators in Europe who can bring me the parts. (mainly germany). Now from reading the other forums, i take it I shouldn't get the Kit with the chip right? Regarding catalysts, I have no EPA standards, so i can simply de-gut it, but so I was told it may make my car accelerate more but rougher too due to the oxygen sensor, if so, can't I simply buy a sport catalyst, or must it be a mercedes benz specific design ( a shop here carries various cats).

Thanks for the help Lynn, appreiciate it,

Paul

PS- You wouldn't happen to know how much does this kit better my times? I'm happy shaving a full second to 1.5 seconds off my 0-60 (i believe my "duck" does 9.6 :(

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
As I understand it, the problem with changing to a high flow cat on the M271 is that the cat convertor is an integral part of the factory exhaust manifold.

The Carlsson pulley kit is the only one I know of that really exists. There may be others especially from Vaeth and maybe H&S. I think Renntech has a pulley and chip package, but it might only be for the C230 version of the M271.

For a chip consider www.powerchipgroup.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts