Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're considering buying one, but a little concerned about the driveability and feel of all of the electronic assists in the vehicle. Does anyone own one or have driven one? If so, what do you think?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
you have to get use to the new breake system. Besides that its a MB and ridiculous fast. Its faster than my '02 911 from 0-60!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Recently bought a 2003 E55. I have owned a number of cars including the S class Benzes, BMW's, most recently the redesigned 745LI and I also own a 99 Porsche C4.
Without a doubt this is one of the finest driving experiences I have ever had. While all the bells and whistles on the car would suggest it be better served by having my Eleven year old ride as a Co-Pilot, it;'s taken not all that long to get comfortable operating the assorted dials and buttons.

I thus far have had no issues with the brakes, but have heard a number of complaints about them.

If you can afford the hit, hurry on down to your local dealer and pick one up.
Every time I drive the car, I get a big smile on my face....

Good Luck... :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tracy Albert said:
Recently bought a 2003 E55...

If you can afford the hit, hurry on down to your local dealer and pick one up.

I wish it was that easy to get an E55. I was called back today by MB and told there is a 1 year waiting list right now for the E55's. Man! I'm thinking of getting the C32 AMG and then stepping up to the E55 in a few years after my lease runs out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If your serious about buying an E55, you'll find that calling around to local California Dealers, especially those in SOuthern California, You'll find a number of people that cancel there orders for an assortment of reason.
You have to ready to buy otherwise you'll be wasting every bodies time.

C class is a great car, but doesn't hold a candle to the E55.

Good Luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Tracy!

I appreciate the feed back.

Also, does anyone know if this is truly the best MB forum available. I like it so far but it doesn't look heavily populated. I am really interested in talking to more people about the AMG models.

Nicholas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts