Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a S430 sport 2003 with HID and have a set of OEM Xenon from an S430 sport also 2003. Looking for any gotcha's in installing? special wiring etc?
[/b]

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'll fire! The stock Xenons use axle level sensors and range modules to control them. I've looked into upgrading a C-class to stock xenon. The list of parts needed to do them properly was endless! You can slap them in. They might work, but I've noticed that they don't like to stay on and seem to flicker alot when you try it. Maybe someone else has had better luck.

If any of you went to an international carshow in the U.S. about 2 years ago or so, you may have seen a orange and silver C-Class coupe. They gave it to me at work and said to fix everything that was wrong with it. So I thought to myself, "uhhhh, sure". Well the headlights were flickering and wouldn't stay on. They were bi-xenon. I came to find out the car didn't come with bi-xenons, and wasn't equiped with anything other than the headlight assemblies themselves. I studied up and tried to figure out everything it needed for the bi-xenons to work, when I got done, there was a good page or two list of parts I needed to order. I was about to order all of them, then I was told to screw it, and just fix everything else!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts