Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I am SL500G from Rochester,New York. This is my first MB, 2003 SL 500 and I would like to know if it is normal on startups not to see any condensation coming out of the exhaust? So far I have had only an oil change. The engine has 81,200 miles.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
2003 sl500

Thanks for your reply Eric.
Would you or anyone know about the rattling
noise coming from the trunk area and how to stop
it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is not a continuous rattle more like every 30 sec. or so. On my other vehicle I had same sound which turned out to be sway bar bushing. (1999 Solara)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does it requires special tool to work on the suspension other than what you would use on all other car?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2003 sl500

Hi Eric the rattling noise was coming from spear tire not secure in trunk. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How do I change the hydraulic oil for ABC. Isthere a drain plug or do I have to Aspirate it out?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sl500g

Update: I found all of the information need to change my hydraulic fluid for ABC unit on the forum.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have been off forum for sometime,. I have busy rebuilding ABC valve blocks and enjoying my 2003 SL500. I am now faces with the dreaded stuck in park situation. I was able to get shifter out of park by pounding top of shifter with my fist while pulling back on it. I am trying to remove the shifter but do not know how to disconnect is from the transmission. Can any one help? On the forum someone mention an e clip under car, but I do not see an e clip. What I see is two rods connected together by a screw. It that the point where I disconnet shifter from transmission? Not much room under car since I am working in my driveway.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I found the connection point of the 2003 sl500 shifter linkage, but I still cnnot figure out how to take it apart. It is in the tunnel and not much room to manuvor. The clip is not a standard E type clip. Does anyone know how to remove this clip?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was able to follow KERNO's wonderful write up on repairing the sl500 shifter and man what a job he did. I am ready to reinstall my shifter after replacing that plastic piece with one made from aluminum. I keeping my fingers cross that the solenoid is still working. Thanks Kerno.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I recently replaced the electrical connectors on my ABC front control valve and since then my suspension is acting like it is in rodeo mode. What can possible cause this effect. If I put the car in drive the effect speed up. No ABC warnings on dashboard.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Eric I did not cross the wire when I was changing the connectors but I installed them on the control valve in reverse...check valve connectors on flow valve. I corrected it but still had problem only one side rise. Swtch connectors on flow valves and both side rise but with a rodeo effect.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts