Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having serious problems suddenly with my transmission slipping and dont know if this is common. I have 90,000 miles on the car already and realize that I drive alot. but it seems extremely early to be having problems like this. Please let me know if anyone else has had these issues and how they were resolved.

Ken

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you ever had the trans fluid changed? Start with the cheaper stuff first. If that doesnt fix it, you will have to take it in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only problem is that this is a sealed transmission so there is no way to change the fluid or attempt to try a different brand. I actually have taken it to service now and come to find out that the Transmission Control Module actually can have an issue like a harddrive that it needs to be reflashed occasionally. only three hours of labor costs to do a 10 min flash. thats customer service with a smile. in case it needs to be replaced, its only $700. again a great bargain. then of course if neither of those ideas work, they would love to put a new transmission in at the sum of $5000. because of the C320 sport being a more aggressive transmission????? who knows. at the end of the day, the Nashville Mercedes did take care of me and reset it for Free because of some customer service issues they had for me that day.....Kudos to the Sales staff and Service Manager. Definately earned my business for me to come back.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What is your exact symptoms?

Most of the problem with the 722.6 transmission are actually electric related, especially the conductor plate that has gone through 4 updates.

The worse problem is that when the conductor plate acts up, it puts the transmission in limp mode and then the transmission control module has to be cleared of the codes (with a specialized scanner) in order for it to work again. I do not know how many perfectly good ETC has been replaced because of this. A new ETC, of course solves the problem (temporarily) because it has no DTC in it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts