Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new to this forum since I'm considering buying a new C230 Sedan in the next couple of weeks... I live in Canada, where streets.. are.. well... there are so many holes that it's not unusual to loose a tire once in a while !

The Sport version is lowered by 1 inch.. suspension firmer ?? I guess that I should opt for the classic version with 16'' tires... the cost difference between the 2 is roughly 7000$CDN or 5000$US.... is it worth that much money ? Also, since the tires are performance tires on the sport version, i'm pretty sure that after 15 or 20000K I'll have to replace all of them !
But I do really like the little nice touches they put on that version... so much like it's father.. the V8. Any thoughts ?

Also, if I take the alarm system as an option, will it reduce the cost of insurance ?

Thank you very much..

Al

·
Registered
263 Posts
First - Welcome to the forum!

Not too familiar with Canadian offerings. Basically, let your driving habits dictate what car you should buy. Also, test drive both versions so you can compare. Performance tires will not last 40,000 miles. :) That is the trade-off for the extra grip. While I have heard of folks getting over 30,000 miles, the average seems to be between 15,000 - 25,000 miles. However, since you would be using winter tires in conjunction with them, you'll still get long term use out of them.

Additionally, in the US, the alarm system is standard. Your insurance company can tell you how much of a discount it's worth.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
The classic is not sold in the US. Yes, the SS suspension is 20mm lower and is stiffer. The max performance tires are useless in the winter. You will need winter wheels and tires.

I drove the SS a few weeks ago and I was very impressed, but we don't have the winters you do. But since we spend a lot of the winter hovering right around freezing we do have very bad roads. I drove this winter in my C230k coupe on a lowered suspension with no problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts