Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Kleemann USA sold five of them. You might be able to get one from Kleemann DK. Renntech has them. our hosts at importpartsonline.com sell Renntech items. Carlsson and Vaeth have them, but they are very expensive. Evosport should have a pulley kit soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How much Torque/HP claim do they make? Is there a discernable lag for the new pulley? Is MB sensistive about this kind of mod? My Audi TT dealer is laissez faire, as long as I tell them what to look for/deal with.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Well, aside from a different looking pulley and overboost codes in the ME, you shouldn't have too many problems. They're not going to deny you warranty coverage on your radio because the engine is doing something it wasn't designed to. If you blow a driveline component, you can expect to be without coverage. The issue isn't with your dealer. MB requires certain printouts from your vehicle's computers when doing certain warranty claims. No printout, no pay for the dealer. These have VIN and time/date stamps on them, so no real way to cheat it. If you want a faster C, get a 350. You'll spend less in the long run and have something with a warranty that doesn't have any peculiar drivability issues that can be common with these sorts or modifications.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Thanks for clearing things up.

Well, aside from a different looking pulley and overboost codes in the ME, you shouldn't have too many problems. They're not going to deny you warranty coverage on your radio because the engine is doing something it wasn't designed to. If you blow a driveline component, you can expect to be without coverage. The issue isn't with your dealer. MB requires certain printouts from your vehicle's computers when doing certain warranty claims. No printout, no pay for the dealer. These have VIN tires and time/date stamps on them, so no real way to cheat it. If you want a faster C, get a 350. You'll spend less in the long run and have something with a warranty that doesn't have any peculiar drivability issues that can be common with these sorts or modifications.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts