Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the market for the new C55. What would you consider a fair price for an entry to middle-level model? Do you think there will be a waiting list? Just wondering.....John

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Right now they are in pretty short supply. I've only gotten three verified for shipping to my dealership right now (and we are 100-150 cew car/month dealership). They are all spoken for by past clients. To even get one at sticker price would be a miracle. These cars will exact a premium (at least in a my market). They are incredible cars, but you may have better luck waiting a bit before purchasing one.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I thought MBUSA took a very dim view of the dealers charging more that sticker. My dealer as a very obvious subterfuge to get around this. They "sell" a car to a good "customer", have him title the car and then "buy' it back as a used car. They now charge whatever they want for it.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
The practice is certainly not encouraged by MB, but is a pretty common occurance. The first few SL 55's that came through our dealership averaged $75,000 over sticker price. I guess it's chalked up to supply and demand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts