Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying an E320 2005 for my wife and am wondering what extras are important to get on the vehicle if I'm trying to be conservative on my spending? What can I eliminate as being not necessary?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I wouldn't personally get on without at least the panaramic sunroof, cold weather package, xenon lighting and a CD changer. The airmatic suspension, Nav system and dynamic seats are very cool options as well, but probably not as indespensible. Also, the upgraded stereo is a major step up over the base unit. I have always been the type to be really bothered by seeing a dead button on my dash or knowing that an option is missing. You might consider checking out the C320 sedan's as well. A little bit smaller, but you could have a completely loaded exampl for less than what you base E would cost. The redesigned 2005's are a major improvement over previous C models.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
E320

I live in San Diego so the cold weather package wouldn't be necessary. I agree with upgrading the stereo that is always good but do you think the satellite radio upgrade is worth it? And Zenon lighting, I see this upgrade on most cars but I don't understand why they would be necessary or understand why they are better. I see cars with Zenon lights on the road and it doesn't look better, actually looks like they have lighting problems or the lamp is too small. :roll: Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
The satellite option is fun, albeit a bit pricey. That sort of depends on how you like to enjoy your music. Xenon lights are heads and tails better in all lighting situations. They'll give you much clearer, sharper visilibilty at night, and they do look cool as well. Just drive a car equipped with them and night and get into a car wih regular halogen lighting. The diffierence should be night and day.

·
Registered
9 Posts
extras

I would not bother with the panoramic roof as they have rattle problems and some failure history on the blinds and the roof itself. The Zenon lights are not worth the money and the replacement bulbs are pricey.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts