Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles and what oil should we use, the manual says to change at 12500, that seems to long in the Texas heat, have been using Mobil 1, 5/40, and changing at 5K to 6K , also the oil gets very back ,is this the egr on this engine,are these engines any good and how many miles can I expect to get , Thanks KDUD

·
Administrator
868 Posts
How many miles and what oil should we use, the manual says to change at 12500, that seems to long in the Texas heat, have been using Mobil 1, 5/40, and changing at 5K to 6K , also the oil gets very back ,is this the egr on this engine,are these engines any good and how many miles can I expect to get , Thanks KDUD
You have made a very good choice with your brand of oil, and some acknowledge that you can get to 25k with that particular oil without any harm to the engine. You are using 5/40 which is fine in hot climates, I use the same grade here in Southern Spain.

If you stick to that brand and grade of oil 12,500k is perfectly OK to change the oil and filter. Also remember the a diesel engine will make the oil appear black compared with a gasoline engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts