Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 C300 and have new drilled and slotted rotors and pads for the rear. I have already completed the change of the rotors and pads in the front. I am trying to remove the rotor from the rear, and it is not coming off. I read that there is a procedure to release the electronic parking brake, but when I follow the process, I do not see the necessary prompt to put the car in brake replacement mode. I have changed the rotors in the past and know that this can be done but for the life of me I cannot remember how to release the emergency brake tension so that I can remove the rotor.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. I also heard that there is an old style wheel that you adjust to release the brake but I cannot find it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a follow up. I had a mechanic friend help me get the rotor off. There was a buildup on the inside edge of the rotor which was causing the brake shoe to catch. We were not able to access the adjusting wheel, but he was able to pull off the rotor. He is much stronger than I am. The new rotor was able to go on without having any adjustment made.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts