Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I purchased a 2015 Mercedes GL-450 last week and I’m beginning to notice an issue. During acceleration and de-acceleration the car is ticking, but it’s not ticking (or at least enough to hear) when idling. When the windows are up you can hear it from the drivers fender well and it sounds as if you’re flicking a piece of paper. When the windows are down it seems to be a loud tick from either under the car or front drivers wheel area. If anyone else has had an issue like this and was able to get it diagnosed or diagnose it themselves please let me know. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
1997 SL500 Sport pano triple black 2010 R350 - sold 2014 E350 - sold
125 Posts
Possibly a catalytic converter is falling apart inside. Can you get the car on a lift to check those?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately no, but I was able to run a few test tonight and found something new. I believe now it is something possibly with the engine. When I revved the car earlier (to test if it was drivetrain or engine really didn’t wanna do it haha) it made the sound from the fender well but it sounded louder which gave me a better idea of where the location was. It seems the issue is near the back of the engine towards the drivers seat. Thank you for your quick reply! Please let me know if you can further advise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts