Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 ML350 Bluetec
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife recently let me know that she was displeased with me driving a 2001 Chevy POS, so I picked up a use 2016 E350 4matic wagon. I really like this car.

So far, my biggest beef hinges on a mystery. Sometimes, but not always, when my phone connects by Bluetooth, the microphone doesn't work when I make a call. The car hears me issue a command to dial by name, but when the call connects, my callee cannot hear me. Today, disconnecting and reconnecting Bluetooth seemed to work.

Has anyone else had this kind of Bluetooth issue with their car? If so, did you find a resolution?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1997 SL500 Sport pano triple black 2010 R350 - sold 2014 E350 - sold
89 Posts
Hi. I had a 2014 E350 sedan that did this occasionally, and it seemed to be right after the iOS on my iPhones were updated. I set up a practice of deleting the phone from the car, turning off the car for a few minutes then reconnecting it helped. I had to go this for 4 years of car ownership after iOS updates. Not fun.

·
Registered
2010 ML350 Bluetec
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. I had a 2014 E350 sedan that did this occasionally, and it seemed to be right after the iOS on my iPhones were updated. I set up a practice of deleting the phone from the car, turning off the car for a few minutes then reconnecting it helped. I had to go this for 4 years of car ownership after iOS updates. Not fun.
I really appreciate you sharing your experience. My phone did recently have an OS update, so I'll try the uninstall/reinstall cycle.

·
Registered
2010 ML350 Bluetec
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, I hope you are staying dry in Waco. We had a good bit of rain south of you, but nothing like Dallas got.

·
Super Moderator
1997 SL500 Sport pano triple black 2010 R350 - sold 2014 E350 - sold
89 Posts
@tlynch Thanks - I’m down in Austin now. My house got 1.9” today. We went from severe drought to flash flooding in only a couple of days.

Edit - I just saw that you’re in Cedar Park. I’m over in Steiner. We should try to meet up and swap R129 stories!

·
Registered
2010 ML350 Bluetec
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@tlynch

Edit - I just saw that you’re in Cedar Park. I’m over in Steiner. We should try to meet up and swap R129 stories!
Ya know, Smokey J's is in between...

Also, I had glossed over the past about paying down the car for a bit. Tried again and it worked well.

Thanks again for the tip.

·
Administrator
1993 SL500, 1998 SL500 Pano Top, 2005 ML270Cdi.
947 Posts
Ya know, Smokey J's is in between...

Also, I had glossed over the past about paying down the car for a bit. Tried again and it worked well.

Thanks again for the tip.
Forget your credit cards :D

Recipe Shade Wood Building Facade

1 - 8 of 8 Posts