Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my pre-ordered 2021 E 450 Cabriole on December 28, 2020. After one week, the car without warning wouldn't start and had to be towed into Ft. Lauderdale. Since then the car has been in the shop. We have been waiting for the delivery of a battery and no one seems to be able to locate a battery. This 48v battery located in the trunk, is unique to the 2021 model year, and apparently no spare parts are available especially critical parts needed to for the operation of the vehicle.
Very sad to pay $80,000 for a new car, and not be able to use the vehicle for an unknown period of time.

·
Registered
137 Posts
That does suck!
It seems to me that car mfgs like to add new electronic toys to cars whenever possible, only to have them fail as electronics do. My most reliable vehicle is my truck, which only has an elect ignition but I keep a points distributor behind the seat for when it fails. I forget but it's been either four or five of those that have failed.
My current MB has issues, as does any electronic car I've ever owned. Being electronic it's often impossible to figure it out and sometimes the only fix is to get rid of the car. I hope you don't have to do that. Post what happens in the end, and how much that stupid batt costs too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, another week has gone past, and still no battery for the 2021 E450 Cabriolet. This means I've owned the car 5 weeks and it's been in the shop for 4 weeks. No response when I ask: where's the battery coming from? Have you located a battery? When I'm told we're expecting it tomorrow, I ask is there a "tracking number"? - still no answer ... and I've purchased 6 new similar vehicles from this dealership, so I don't blame them. Mercedes is shipping cars here, and don't even have a few of the critical parts necessary to make the car's run, available. That's todays Mercedes Benz. You decide

·
Registered
137 Posts
Any updates? I imagine you've been wording a scathing letter to MB either way. I wonder at what point they simply have to give you your $ back?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I received my pre-ordered 2021 E 450 Cabriole on December 28, 2020. After one week, the car without warning wouldn't start and had to be towed into Ft. Lauderdale. Since then the car has been in the shop. We have been waiting for the delivery of a battery and no one seems to be able to locate a battery. This 48v battery located in the trunk, is unique to the 2021 model year, and apparently no spare parts are available especially critical parts needed to for the operation of the vehicle.
Very sad to pay $80,000 for a new car, and not be able to use the vehicle for an unknown period of time.
I have the exact same issue. They replaced the battery that came with the car and now less than two months later it failed. I am now waiting for a third battery. EXTREMLY FRUSTRATING!

·
Registered
137 Posts
dalmond: I'm pissed off and it's not even my car. I can't believe they let something like this leave the factory. It's like they threw it together to say they have it, then worry about the bugs later. Not cool...
Not sure what happened with OP's car, but I think about any time someone mentions a new Benz or any kind of battery power system. So let us know what happens with yours. Maybe a scene with some yelling at the dealer is in order. I did that once when they put new parts on my car without asking, which I believe is illegal. It was supposed to just be an alignment and it tripled the orig est $. I was pissed but not even close to how mad I'd be in your shoes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I received my 2021 E450 Cabriolet in March. On August 2 the same issue happened to me, and I got my car back with a new battery on 8/5. On 8/17 the same issue happened again, and the dealership had my car for 26 days. They said the problem was with two fuses that blew. I got the car back on 9/13, and the problem happened again on 9/17. The car has under 5,000 miles!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife took delivery of a 2021 E450 Cabriolet in late June. When we arrived home from the dealer (about 30 miles), we got an error message on the dash indicated a light malfunction, none of the lights on the back half of the car were working. we took the car in to the dealer and they (after 3 days) determined there was a bad SAM module in the trunk and replaced it.
This past Friday (Oct 1) the car would not start (thankfully the car was in the garage) and the battery icon came up in the dash. I called roadside assistance and when the guy showed up an hour later, he said the car needed to be towed to the dealer. When the first tow truck showed up another hour or so later, he said he couldn’t tow the car with the truck he had and called another tow truck. when the 2nd tow truck showed over another hour later he was able to put the car on a flat bed and get it to the dealership. On the next day, the dealership called and said the car needs a new 48 Volt battery and they were waiting for the battery. It’s been 6 days and still haven’t heard from them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I received my 2021 E450 Cabriolet in March. On August 2 the same issue happened to me, and I got my car back with a new battery on 8/5. On 8/17 the same issue happened again, and the dealership had my car for 26 days. They said the problem was with two fuses that blew. I got the car back on 9/13, and the problem happened again on 9/17. The car has under 5,000 miles!
Check your state’s lemon laws.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts