Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my pre-ordered 2021 E 450 Cabriole on December 28, 2020. After one week, the car without warning wouldn't start and had to be towed into Ft. Lauderdale. Since then the car has been in the shop. We have been waiting for the delivery of a battery and no one seems to be able to locate a battery. This 48v battery located in the trunk, is unique to the 2021 model year, and apparently no spare parts are available especially critical parts needed to for the operation of the vehicle.
Very sad to pay $80,000 for a new car, and not be able to use the vehicle for an unknown period of time.

·
Registered
113 Posts
That does suck!
It seems to me that car mfgs like to add new electronic toys to cars whenever possible, only to have them fail as electronics do. My most reliable vehicle is my truck, which only has an elect ignition but I keep a points distributor behind the seat for when it fails. I forget but it's been either four or five of those that have failed.
My current MB has issues, as does any electronic car I've ever owned. Being electronic it's often impossible to figure it out and sometimes the only fix is to get rid of the car. I hope you don't have to do that. Post what happens in the end, and how much that stupid batt costs too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, another week has gone past, and still no battery for the 2021 E450 Cabriolet. This means I've owned the car 5 weeks and it's been in the shop for 4 weeks. No response when I ask: where's the battery coming from? Have you located a battery? When I'm told we're expecting it tomorrow, I ask is there a "tracking number"? - still no answer ... and I've purchased 6 new similar vehicles from this dealership, so I don't blame them. Mercedes is shipping cars here, and don't even have a few of the critical parts necessary to make the car's run, available. That's todays Mercedes Benz. You decide

·
Registered
113 Posts
Any updates? I imagine you've been wording a scathing letter to MB either way. I wonder at what point they simply have to give you your $ back?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts