Benz Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
That is unacceptable! I would advise you to contact Mercedes -Benz in Germany, they usually do not stand for such abysmal customer service.
The contact details are below, and personally I would write a detailed account of the problems with your car and the treatment that you have received and send it using the FAX number. Unless you are a fluent German speaker, the FAX option is sure to get you noticed.
James.

Service / Mercedes me Support.
Service hotline (Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance)

By phone:
00800 9 777 7777
(daily from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.)

By fax:
+49 (0) 69 95 30 7255

Address:

Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance
Center Maastricht NV
Postfach 1456
6201 BL - Maastricht
Netherlands
I contacted the “Head of Global Service” in Germany. He replied that he would assign the case to a representative in Atlanta. After that person had my complaint for 3 weeks, he wrote an email asking me “what do you want me to do?”. I said call the dealership and find out what’s going on. Unknown whether he did. The last reply I received from him and the man in Germany was advising me that since the car wouldn’t start, they were unable to find a “code” that would help diagnose the problem! That’s when the Service Director at the dealership said she would experiment and try a new “computer module”. Who knows if they installed anything because a car owner has no way of confirming the repair was even made. It was after that work on a Friday, that on Tuesday it was towed in again because this time the car started, but would not drive because it was signaling that the parking break was “on” which it wasn’t. That’s when my serviceman said the technician had made a mistake in programming the computer module. Now, even if I got my money back, there are no new Porsche’s, BMW, or Audi convertibles available. Plus, the used car prices are all inflated by 20% -30%. I’m stuck. Now, whenever I park, I do so to allow room enough for a tow truck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My first Mercedes was a 280se. Over the last 40 + years I have owned many Mercedes.
I have noticed more gadgets and less reliability. What was once a very highly-reliability standard.
Comments of the 2021 years have reports of dealerships unable to diagnose and resolve issues. Also, 48-volt batteries in tandem with 12-volt batteries on the same car and dealerships without knowing how to remedy the failure of cars with new complicated computer relationships.
From my experience; Over the last 50 years, I have witnessed the degrading of the Mercedes Benz statement "the best or nothing" from fact to sales jargon.

I see no reason to consider a 125,000 dollar s class for future purchases
A very sad state for a once proud, reliable car manufacture to rely on reputation rather than mechanical and service excellecence.

Terry Borth

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
My first Mercedes was a 280se. Over the last 40 + years I have owned many Mercedes.
I have noticed more gadgets and less reliability. What was once a very highly-reliability standard.
Comments of the 2021 years have reports of dealerships unable to diagnose and resolve issues. Also, 48-volt batteries in tandem with 12-volt batteries on the same car and dealerships without knowing how to remedy the failure of cars with new complicated computer relationships.
From my experience; Over the last 50 years, I have witnessed the degrading of the Mercedes Benz statement "the best or nothing" from fact to sales jargon.

I see no reason to consider a 125,000 dollar s class for future purchases
A very sad state for a once proud, reliable car manufacture to rely on reputation rather than mechanical and service excellecence.

Terry Borth
By the way, there were only 2 new S Class cars at the dealership, the rest were SUV’s. The $120,000 MSRP did not include the additional $30,000 “Market Adjustment” cost the dealership was charging. Both S Class cars sold within two weeks. They now have no new cars on the dealership showroom, except SUV’s. They also had just put 1 electric car in the showroom. I believe it’s called the EQ. Anyway, someone was looking at it and asked my opinion … I told him my experience with MB batteries and we started laughing.

·
Registered
2021 E450 Coupe
2 Posts
I received my pre-ordered 2021 E 450 Cabriole on December 28, 2020. After one week, the car without warning wouldn't start and had to be towed into Ft. Lauderdale. Since then the car has been in the shop. We have been waiting for the delivery of a battery and no one seems to be able to locate a battery. This 48v battery located in the trunk, is unique to the 2021 model year, and apparently no spare parts are available especially critical parts needed to for the operation of the vehicle.
Very sad to pay $80,000 for a new car, and not be able to use the vehicle for an unknown period of time.
This is an issue MB is NOT taking responsibility for.

My E450 dropped dead ten days ago and upon arrival to retrieve the car the tow truck driver confided, "I am picking these things up all the time for this issue." However, the MB Escondido service advisor Mark Ciesla adamantly denied any existing electrical or battery issues with recent model Mercedes automobiles.

After waiting days for the dealer service advisor to give me the disposition of the car, MB Escondido finally admitted they were seeking permission from MB corporate to replace the $4000 48 volt system. In other words, for five consecutive days they did no work on a car with a KNOWN defect while waiting for MB corporate to decide to honor the warranty.

This is beyond negligent. I am lawyering up and not joining the class action lawsuits currently in the making.

·
Administrator
896 Posts
This is an issue MB is NOT taking responsibility for.

My E450 dropped dead ten days ago and upon arrival to retrieve the car the tow truck driver confided, "I am picking these things up all the time for this issue." However, the MB Escondido service advisor Mark Ciesla adamantly denied any existing electrical or battery issues with recent model Mercedes automobiles.

After waiting days for the dealer service advisor to give me the disposition of the car, MB Escondido finally admitted they were seeking permission from MB corporate to replace the $4000 48 volt system. In other words, for five consecutive days they did no work on a car with a KNOWN defect while waiting for MB corporate to decide to honor the warranty.

This is beyond negligent. I am lawyering up and not joining the class action lawsuits currently in the making.
This issue with this particular model is becoming a major fault with these cars that needs to be addressed very quickly.

Living in Spain I had to smile at the dealers location "Escondido = Hidden", that sounds like the response to this fault by Mercedes-Benz.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
We left off with the installation of a "Software Module" which was what we guessed might be responsible for the car not starting.
Picked it up on a Friday (after a month), and on Tuesday of the following week it was towed in again. This time, the car started and could be in gear, but would not move because the computer was telling the system that my parking brake was "on ". Spent the day in the dealership and was finally told that they had made a "mistake" when they programmed the new module, and got the car back. While waiting, I walked around the showroom and confronted the G.M., who still hadn't even acknowledged my e mail of a month earlier. I was extremely angry and really gave it to him. He was speechless as I exited his office and continued hollering at him as I walked through the showroom. Then, after leaving, I wrote complaint letters to the CEO & V.P. of AutoNation concerning the car and lack of recognition by the G.M.. I received a call from him about a week later saying he was talking with Mercedes to see what could be done. Then, he called back and said Mercedes wouldn't do anything, but that AutoNation would provide 2 yrs of complimentary maintenance service, which I accepted (because I had no other options).
Under Florida Lemon Law, as I understand it, if all the incidents could be considered one problem (not starting), I could collect the cost of the car, (minus "dealer fees": $2000.00), minus mileage (5,000 mi. at a to be determined agreed cost per mile), minus attorney fees, but, plus a to be determined difference between what I was given on my 2018 trade-in and the actual fair retail value - not as much as a dealer's "certified preowned" sale price. Plus, since there are no new Porsche, BMW, or Audi convertibles available in the next 6-8 months, I would have to purchase/lease or rent another vehicle. None of that made sense. So far it's been about ten days and the car has been working, but I still always park where a tow truck can get to me.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts