Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to search this topic so I wouldn't have to rehash something already there, but came out unsatisfied. Please help. There is a 230K Sport Coupe with my name on it at the dealer, but I still have time to consider a 320. I have a high-speed 45 mile, one-way commute to work everyday. Is the mileage significantly better in the 230 at 85 mph? Are the high performance tires really noisy? Sticker price is $29,100.

Thanks!

TheCapt

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you can afford the 320 get it. I have a 240 an it's power is lame!!! I test drove the sedan version of the 230K and it lacks in power just as well. I will never again get a car whose horse power dosen't exceed 200.

·
Banned
175 Posts
I have owed both Coupes and prefer the C320. My milage has improved after about 1k miles, get average of 23. On long trip seems the milage gets better with increase in speed average. If the price difference is not that much get the C320. I have the 5 speed auto, stick might do better.
Tom

·
Registered
1 Posts
nothing wrong with a C230

I just bought a C230 with the 6 speed (a sedan) and I am very satisified.

Here is what I can tell you.

Sixth gear gives excellent gas milage

If you can live with the manual transmission you will not be disappointed.

The automatic is better suited to a normally asperated engine (in my opinion). My other car is a BMW with an automatic and it has way more torque than the C230. However it only has 4 speeds and the C230 is more fun to drive and is faster at legal speeds. (advantage 6 speeds)

For reference my BMW gets about 16 MPG on my commute and the C230 gets about 24 MPG for the same commute. I have seen above 30 MPG on the highway at 75 MPH.

Good Luck

Paul

·
Registered
33 Posts
The C230 isn't as smooth or torquey as the 320, but it isn't slow, and it does get better mileage.

If you can make do with 189hp (which isn't a problem for me), then the difference in price and fuel costs will help you to feel better about it.

Actual mileage pic attached.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts