Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Just joined this forum. Looking to buy a pre-owned C240 or C320 4Matic sedan for my wife (need 4 wheel drive for the winter months.) Are there any special/specific problems with the 4Matic system. How about with the 240 or 320 models in general. Are any years more problematic than others? I've narrowed down my choices to either the BMW 325 or 330xi :oops: or the MB. What would you recommend and why. Appreciate any and all input.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
MB's 4Matic AWD system is one of the least sophisticated on the market. On the other hand it is less complicated and lighter. It might be more reliable than the competition, but I don't know for sure. It does its job as well as anyone else's system in poor weather. It just isn't a performance oriented AWD like some others.

The 240, really a 2.6 liter, and the 320 are the same engine with a different stoke. Many feel the 240 is underpowered, especially when combined with 4Matic. Your wife may feel differently. Test drive both if you can.

I have not driven the BMW's, so I can't comment. I have found that back to back tests are the best way to make the choice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lynn, thanks for the feedback on the 4Matic. My wife is leaning towards the 320 over the BMW 330xi due to exterior style and interior. Are there any particular common problems with the 320? Is any model year bad (more reported problems) as compared to other years? Can you purchase a third party extended warranty that will cover the car beyond the factory warranty and which will be accepted by MB dealers?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts