Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all:
I have replaced the calipers, disks, pads and the flexible brake hose on the rear of 1985 280CE Euro Model (similar to 1981 CE) American model. I started with the right rear wheel and have tried to bleed the system (more than 100 cycle with the help of an assistant) but keep getting lots of air bubbles and about 10 ounces of fluid going through the hose I am using to bleed. I moved to left rear wheel and get the same problem. I have checked all of the connections I messed around with and there are no leaks. I then lowered the vehicle on the tires, still no change.

Have I left some thing out of the process or doing it incorrectly? Please help if you can or point me to a good source of information.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Bleeding the brakes shouldn't be any different than any other car. Are you sure you're just not getting air coming in throught he bleeder screw? Have you double checked and make sure whatever tube your using to observe the bubbles is sealing properly against the bleeder screw? When you get done, do your brakes feel spongy?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Brake Bleeding

Since I had replaced the calipers I assumed that the bleed nipples were good, but I replaced one of them to eliminate that possibility. I did change the hose once to make sure that there was no hole in the hose. It is puzzling, any idea what I could do differently? The brakes are very spongy and sinks to the floor.
Regards;

1 - 3 of 3 Posts