Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I need a diagram/spec's. of a 300TD 1985 vacuum system. this diagram can be just a written out one starting from the vacuum pump to all branches of the vacuum system. I bought this car and it runs great, but would not turn off when egnition was turn off. I found that problem and I have not fixed it. to make sure of this problem I totally disconnected everything from the secound main vacuum point( the big vacuum hose from the pump to master cylinder, theirs two ports other than the master cylinder) and connected the ignition inlit hose to the main line. I allready know my door pumps are bad, but what i dont know when looking at the spliter that comes off the main line it goes three ways. one to a blue ?(can some one tell me what that is? Two goes to a moter that i think controls the EGR. and the thrid goes to another three way ehich has a green-and-blue (I think but do know it is green) hose, the door locks, and the ignition inlet cutoff. another thing i dont know about under the dash i have a 12 gage(size of opening) hose that has vacum(where is that suspose to be) and its black. a green hose (i think it is the same hose as stated before)? this green hase had a broken black pretty small gage hose on it with a piece of a twig in it (don't ask me what that was about). thats it for dash that i know of. now off the ingection pump their is two vacuum hoses (not the idnition cut off hose) running from some plastic thing (sorry i dont know what hat is) that is attach to the pump (this is the same for the 240D 1981 that i have) one hose (one top) goes to the blue ? state above, the secound one goes into the cab I think and i have know clue where and what for for it is disconnected.

Thank you for any help,
Anton

·
Registered
584 Posts
Wow! It sounds like you have a confusing mess on your hands. Maybe this will help:

http://www.peterschmid.com/vacuum.htm

Usually when the car won't shut off, THIS is the culprit. It is located atop the injection pump.

HTH,

Neil

1 - 2 of 2 Posts