Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
they are going to be expensive no matter what. i can source a set for around $1800.00, but you may have better luck checking ebay.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Complete Newbie; first post! Just took ownership of my wife's ML, she has a brand new VW Passat 4-motion Wagon, and I had to trade-in my 2001 A4 Quattro. The ML is great, but needs some maintenance (86K miles) and upgrades.

First on the list of upgrades is the option of third row seats. Can the third row seats be added to a 98 ML320? A dealer service guy said yes for a 98, but for $3800; he also said that 99-2003's can be upgraded for less. The same dealer, but a sales rep (was looking of upgrading to a 2000 or 2001 certified) said no for 98/99, and definitely not for 2000-2003; said parts not available anymore, but when they could do it for a 98-99, it was $1500-$2000. Anyone know the right answer? Do the seat belt attachments need to be mounted to the rear pillar or are they lap only? Thanks. After this comes 17" wheels/tires!! But which wheels?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
you can get third row seats for your '98. the parts are in short supply wherever you go but they can be found. price will be high as they are quite rare. also, about mounting, the entire seat assemblies mount to the side pillars and they fold up or down depending on your cargo needs. they do have shoulder belts as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts