Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my C230 sports coupe I was single and never had an empty wallet. Well...I got tired of being alone so I got married and had a baby. Now that I am no longer free as a bird, I find my self broke more than not. $4 a gallon for gas is hurting. Eventhough a sports coupe is too small for a family of three with one baby, I refuse to give up my coupe. To add to my present problem. I plan to keep this car for 10 years plus. I have never put anything less than 91 octane in my 2003 Benz but $50 to fill up is starting to become a real challenge. I've talked to someone that races cars but it all sounded like Greek to me. One thing I did understand was that I could put 87 octane in along with gas treatment. What happens in the long run when you put 87 octane in your tank?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Basically, you'll loose power. I would go with mid grade, instead of 87. With 87, it'll probably run like a pig, especially being that your car is supercharged. Usually they should be able to run fine on midgrade during the winter season. I wouldn't recommend it when it gets hot, though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts