Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... I'm new here.

I've been researching 230k coupe for a while. This is actually a early mother's day purchase for my mom. She really likes the 230 coupe.

I got a offer from a local dealer for a 2003 c230k with c2 package, leather and auto for $5000 off MSRP ($30305). That works out to $25305 or about $3000 off invoice price.

What are your thoughts on this offer? Seems too good to pass up but I'm wondering if anyone has received similar discounts?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
There is a $4000 factory to dealer incentive to put coupes into demo and loaner use. Some dealers are circumventing the intent of this incentive and using it to sell cars at a deep discount. However, that incentive is supposed to end today. There is a longer term incentive of $1500.

·
Registered
263 Posts
If you can still get the discount, grab it before it's too late! 8)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lynn said:
There is a $4000 factory to dealer incentive to put coupes into demo and loaner use. Some dealers are circumventing the intent of this incentive and using it to sell cars at a deep discount. However, that incentive is supposed to end today. There is a longer term incentive of $1500.
So there is $1500 consumer rebate and $4000 effective dealer rebate? $5000 off is about ballpark then... I guess the $4000 won't last, better close the deal today. Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Really?
$5000 off is huge deal.
$5000 US dollars, right?
I was wondering how come they can sell it so cheap?
Was it because the car is no good?
I never dealed with other car companies such as BMW, AUDI, or LEXUS with $5000 US dollars off MSRP?
It will be the worst car in the history if there is true.
It's 2003 car with 5000 off.
If they can sell it that cheap, how about the resell value?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Lynn said:
I was at a dealership today for service and I noticed they were still advertising the $5K discount.

·
Registered
258 Posts
02C230 said:
Yup :)

02C230 said:
$5000 US dollars, right?
Yup :)

02C230 said:
I was wondering how come they can sell it so cheap?
Was it because the car is no good?
Actually it's perfectly good, it's brand new, the reason they sell it so cheap is because MB gave them these cars to use as loaners, but they'd rather sell and get some cash into their pockets...

I was offered the same deal and the salesman - my good friend, explained me everything...

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Following is an offer I recieved.

I have a white C230K with C2 (panorama roof), C7, CD changer and automatic transmission. This car lists for $29,360. As a special no haggle internet price I will sell you this car for $24,496 plus tax, license and fees. This price is valid for 7 days.

What do you think? Can I do better than this?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
jellycom said:
The Following is an offer I recieved.

I have a white C230K with C2 (panorama roof), C7, CD changer and automatic transmission. This car lists for $29,360. As a special no haggle internet price I will sell you this car for $24,496 plus tax, license and fees. This price is valid for 7 days.

What do you think? Can I do better than this?
That is almost $3000 below invoice. As to whether you can do better, it depends on your market. If you are in Northern Viginia, you probably could. Here in St. Louis, few C230k coupes remain on the lots, so you couldn't do better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bought my wife a C230K last weekend, sticker was just under $31K and got it for $25K.....the service manager at the dealership told ne that they will go as much as $6k off sticker.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just to update... I got the car at $5000 off. Sticker price was $30250, I paid $25250 + taxes, fees, license.

The one I got has leather and C2 package, and automatic (this car is for my mom, she can't drive stick... I have an Audi A4 3.0Q 6 speed :lol: )

It was pretty painless deal... I walked in, the dealer showed me all the rebate print out from MBUSA, and of course even at this price, the dealer make a pretty good profit from the holdback. I didn't haggle much on the price of the C230k but we spent some time trying to price my trade in. At the end, they gave me extra $500 in trade allowance so chances are if you don't have trade in, you can get $5500 off MSRP.

Even though MBUSA discountinued the $4000 rebate as of 3/31/03, most dealer actually brought and titled all their remaining C230k in stock at the reduced price so most of them will give you the discount if you ask...

Word of warning: because dealer already titled the cars at 3/31/03, most likely you will actually be buying a "used" car at this point. You will have to sign a release agreeing to the fact that factory warranty started at 3/31/03 and not the day you buy the car... Also you will have to finance the car at used car rate which right now thru MBUSA is 5.5%. Still very good rate but new car rate thru MBUSA is around 4.9%. But you are really getting a brand new car.... mine has 14 miles!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes. They had bought the car to use as their loaner car but they never used it. Instead they sell the cars to put more money in their pocket. I was wondering if you sell the car, will it show as a loaner car history or second owner on carfax report? :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it will show up as one owner... at least in California. I got a new car registration and everything so it is only a "used" car as far as MBUSA is concerned to justify the fact that they had to give away $5000 to move the car. Everyone else including the DMV will consider this a new car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
not the only one...

OK - I just bought mine... C230 - loaded!
$6k off sticker - - I have seen the carfax report - - not used....
this was a demo car with 1500 mi. on it - - - All service warranties were maintained and I jumped on it. Only one knock on this car: over the shoulder viewing is limited - the car has a body that angles up - something a former VW owner will have to get used to!

·
Registered
26 Posts
My brother went to a local dealer and he is about buying a new car (C230K Coupe). Asked the dealer for the promotion. He noticed that not all the car in their lot are qualified for a special program???? And the program was ended last month. But they will sell their remaining C230 coupe which not in the special program at invoice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if the car arrived at the dealer before 3/31/03, most likely it qualified under the program so there is no reason why the dealer would not take advantage of it. if it arrived after 3/31/03, then the story could be legit. Try another dealer is my suggestion...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks to bzcat and all the other posters here. We just bought a brand new C230 coupe (C5, 6CD, and automatic) with only 17 miles on it for almost $6000 off MSRP with rate at 4.5%. It's a sweet deal. Now we just have to worry about making enough money to pay off our cars.

One tip on getting a low APR; go to bankrate.com and get yourself an approve loan with low rates and MB will most likely match or beat their rate. If you dont go through this step, most likely you'll have to take whatever rate they give you.

·
Banned
175 Posts
This discount also applied to the C320 Coupe. It was good enough for me to trade my C230 Coupe for the C320 coupe. Love that 6.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts