Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. New to this site but have owned Mercedes previously. I have discovered an audio facility in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania that repairs 6 disc MB changers for a very reasonable price in a minimum amount of time. If anyone is interested I'll post the name and number or you can message me. Cheers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
jackflash said:
Hello everyone. New to this site but have owned Mercedes previously. I have discovered an audio facility in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania that repairs 6 disc MB changers for a very reasonable price in a minimum amount of time. If anyone is interested I'll post the name and number or you can message me. Cheers.
Yes, please ... I'm in South Jersey, just across the river from Philadelphia.

I'd like to check out this place and see what they offer. I'm looking for a complete audio upgrade. Do they have a website? Please post the URL also.

My 1989 190E 2.6 has the original BECKER am/fm/cass stereo in it, and the original speakers.

I was going to change it out in favor of a more modern Blaupunkt (to keep it all German) to go with AM/FMCD/MP3 capable plus sattelite/iPod ready. I was also going to replace all the speakers, just because they're 17 years old. I can do without the CD-changer, although I do want the new system to be ready for it at a later date.

My shopping around has found a nice Alpine system and Pioneer speakers at Best Buy. They will do the install for free as long as I catch it on sale. $300 for the whole package, plus a few dollars for miscellaneous stuff like wiring harness adaptors. They'll do it without an appointment, while I wait (and shop for an HD TV, probably.)

Last week, my BECKER jammed up on me. The cassette is stuck in there. I can't play the cassette, and I can't play the radio, either. So upgrading the audio has taken on heightened urgency. Even though I was going to do it anyway, it looks like I'll have to do it NOW instead of next year.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure about their audio upgrades, etc. but I do know these people do a fine job of repairing original fiber optic MB disc changers at a very reasonable price. I sent mine for repairs via UPS from the Pittsburgh area. Hope this helps......Jenkintown Sound & Security, Jenkintown Rd., Jenkintown, PA 215-576-6111

1 - 3 of 3 Posts