Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 c320 with 145,000 highway miles. When it turned 100K the dealer said I should spend $700 and change spark plugs. That's a lot of money. Car runs great. Mileage is excellent. Shouldn't I wait for some sort of symptom before I spend $700???

·
Registered
678 Posts
You can, but then you might get stuck paying for diagnosis on top of that. $700 seems rather steap. That sounds more like a V-8 or V-12 cost for plug replacement. Idealy, a dealer should charge somewhere around $4-500. Dealer cost on plugs though are about $12-14 per plug. You can probably find them for $8-9 from an autoparts store and have them be the exact same plugs. I believe the ones from the dealer are Bosch triple platinum. I'm not totally sure on what part # and heat range, etc. Anyway, you can probably find a reputable independant that'll do it for proabably half the cost.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would suggest just picking up a set of bosch platinum-4 spark plugs. Under $75 for all 4 plugs and very easy to change yourself or bring it to any local garage. There really isn't much you can mess up with spark plugs...

·
Registered
678 Posts
I would suggest just picking up a set of bosch platinum-4 spark plugs. Under $75 for all 4 plugs and very easy to change yourself or bring it to any local garage. There really isn't much you can mess up with spark plugs...
It's a C320, he's got a V-6. 12 spark plugs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts