Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to remove the driver's seat from an '84 300D Sedan? I Have the nuts off the front bolts but I absolutely cannot figure out how to get the back loose. I tried unscrewing the 2 screws on top but that does no good. I am stumped and the Chilton's I have is useless. I'll greatly appreciate any help here. Jim

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just did this yesterday to my newly purchased 83 300SD. In fact, I took most of the interior out - seats front and back and consol. As you guessed, the bolt on the floor are key, not the bolts on the slide rail.

Back bolts - With the seat all the way forward, you can see and easily acces the bolts at the back of the seat. Again, they are the ones bolted to the floor. You will also need to removed the bolt for the seat belt slide. That is the bar that is bolted to the center hump just in front of the back seat. The center part of the plastic cover snaps off if you insert a screw driver.

Front bolts - A little more tricky if the plastic cover is still on. Slide the seat all the back. Gently wiggle and pry the plastic cover forward toward the front of the car. Your not trying to lift it up, just slide it forward. I had real trouble with the ones next to the center hump. Once you can see the bolt head trough the top hole in the plastic, you are golden.

Lastly, you need to unplug the power cord under the front part of the seat. Use a screwdriver to help get the plug moving.

Remember, these seats are real heavy due to the power gizmos hanging underneath.

Hope this helps you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts