Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 84 diesel with a stuck hood, it's permanently popped but there's no open latch. It had a piece of metal clothes hanger rigged to it coming out of the grill you pulled on and could open it (yeah, i know. Previous owner) but this broke. Does anyone have any idea of a possible way to get it open? New here, thanks for any help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an 84 diesel with a stuck hood, it's permanently popped but there's no open latch. It had a piece of metal clothes hanger rigged to it coming out of the grill you pulled on and could open it (yeah, i know. Previous owner) but this broke. Does anyone have any idea of a possible way to get it open? New here, thanks for any help.
Hood has 2 locking mechanisms for safety: one released from inside cabin, the other from outside. You lost access to release from outside. Car needs to be raised. Using your very long hand you need to replicate hanger-hook connection to the inner catch located at top, beetween radiator and outer chassis. Study carefully with a flashlight. You'll find it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts